Principal Agile Delivery Manager - G7
Location: Salford Quays / Birmingham / National
Salary Range: £50,427 (National) £54,274 (London)
Roles will be recruited using a combination of Digital, Data and Technology Capability and Success Profiles Frameworks. We will assess your Experience, Technical Skills, Ability and Behaviours during the selection process.
- Salary band for this role is £50,427 to £59,000 (£54,274 – £63,500 for candidates based within the M25)
- New recruits to the Civil Service are expected to join at the band minimum
- A digital allowance may also be available for exceptional candidates.
- The final allowance awarded will be based on an assessment of your skills and experience as demonstrated at interview.
These are exciting times at Her Majesty’s Court and Tribunals Service (HMCTS). As an agency of the MoJ, we provide the supporting administration for the judiciary across England and Wales. Within that portfolio, Digital and Technology Services (DTS) has a clear ambition to create an organisational culture where diverse and inclusive multi-disciplinary teams bring together in-house digital, data and technology specialists to build capability, work smarter and more efficiently. Please visit https://www.hmctsjobs.co.uk/dts/ for further details!
We’re building better justice for everyone by harnessing technology, curiosity and our burning mission to make a momentous impact. You have the chance to influence that change and own your mark.
With the scale and size of transformation, you’ll get exposure to bigger opportunities and new ways of learning that will push your potential. It’s a massive challenge doing career defining work, but we also embrace your individuality and life outside of work. So through flexible working we’ll trust you to shape the future in a way that suits you.
Sound like a challenge you’re up for?
Our Principal Delivery Managers are our agile leads and have experience working with senior leaders, stakeholders and third parties to drive agile transformations at an organisational level. They are part of digital leadership teams driving cultural and procedural change and embedding agile approaches and ways of working. With strong backgrounds as a Scrum Master or Agile Coach (or similar roles) they are focused on delivery, while supporting the creation of self-organising and high performing teams. Your CV should demonstrate your ability and experience driving agile delivery/transformations, through a solid coaching background.
As Principal Delivery Manager you will deliver end to end projects including owning service delivery for a significant function or product. You will be working closely with cross functional product teams to build delivery roadmaps. You will also be responsible for building and maintaining teams, ensuring they are motivated, collaborating and working well; identifying obstacles and helping the team to overcome them. You will have the ability to focus the team on what is most important to the delivery of products and services and encourage and facilitate continuous improvement of the delivery team.
You will have a strong digital delivery background and enjoy working in a delivery focused, agile environment with multidisciplinary teams. You will also be accountable for effective delivery of complex, high-risk products and services and have strong interpersonal and communication skills, able to engage senior stakeholders. You’ll have a depth and breadth of experience across a range of products and services, throughout the entire lifecycle, and have greater responsibility and accountability as the main point of escalation.
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience of working in a large digital organisation, or demonstrable understanding of large digital organisations operate in the context of this role
- Have been accountable for successful delivery of a project or workstream
- Ability and experience driving agile delivery and transformations, through a solid coaching background
- Prior team management experience having operated as a team leader managing and supporting the work of junior grades
- Ability to work with technical and business stakeholders to drive out needs and interpret between them
- The capability to be responsible for deciding direction and methodology
- Excellent facilitation and stakeholder engagement skills
- Used your knowledge to give expert advice to more senior grades
What can we offer you?
- A generous pension scheme on average of up to 27%
- 25 days leave, plus 8 bank holidays, plus 1 privilege day usually taken around the Queens’ birthday
- Flexible working; whether it’s working from home or remotely, working part-time, job sharing, or working compressed hours, we have people doing it and are happy to discuss options with you
- Great maternity, adoption, and shared parental leave, with up to 26 weeks leave at full pay, 13 weeks with partial pay, and 13 weeks further leave. And maternity support/paternity leave at full pay for 2 weeks, too!
- Bike loans and secure bike parking (subject to availability and location)
- Season ticket loans, childcare vouchers, and eye-care vouchers.
- Up to 5 days paid leave per year for voluntary work you may wish to undertake
- We also currently have employee-run networks for colleagues of minority ethnic origin, employees with disabilities, those with caring responsibilities, women employees, and lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender employees with which you will eligible to join
We are passionate about career development and in order to help support this, we offer a number of training and development platforms that employees will have access to. Working with your manager, you will be given the support and time required to complete agreed courses, as part of your personal development plan.
- Pluralsight – Over 7000 video training courses created by over 1400 subject-matter experts, covering a wide range of software development related skills.
- Microsoft Enterprise Skills Initiative – a range of Azure focused courses that can lead to Microsoft Certification.
- Civil Service Learning – a wide variety of online training to help support your role as a Civil Servant.
Ends: 30 June 2022 at 23:55:00 GMT