Agile Product Manager - Band B
Location: Salford Quays / Birmingham / National
Salary Range: £36,049 (National) £41,095 (London) - A digital allowance may also be available for exceptional candidates.
Roles will be recruited using a combination of Digital, Data and Technology Capability and Success Profiles Frameworks. We will assess your Experience, Technical Skills, Ability and Behaviours during the selection process.
- Salary band for this role is £36,049 to £41,095 (£41,747 – £47,591 for candidates based within the M25)
- New recruits to the Civil Service are expected to join at the band minimum,
- A digital allowance may also be available for exceptional candidates.
- If an allowance is awarded, this will be based on an assessment of your skills and experience as demonstrated at interview.
These are exciting times at Her Majesty’s Court and Tribunals Service (HMCTS). As an agency of the MoJ, we provide the supporting administration for the judiciary across England and Wales. Within that portfolio, Digital and Technology Services (DTS) has a clear ambition to create an organisational culture where diverse and inclusive multi-disciplinary teams bring together in-house digital, data and technology specialists to build capability, work smarter and more efficiently. Please visit https://www.hmctsjobs.co.uk/dts/ for further details!
We’re building better justice for everyone by harnessing technology, curiosity and our burning mission to make a momentous impact. You have the chance to influence that change and own your mark.
With the scale and size of transformation, you’ll get exposure to bigger opportunities and new ways of learning that will push your potential. It’s a massive challenge doing career defining work, but we also embrace your individuality and life outside of work. So through flexible working we’ll trust you to shape the future in a way that suits you.
Sound like a challenge you’re up for?
The Product Manager will coordinate the operation, support, maintenance and improvement of the digital/technology parts of an end-to-end service delivered by HMCTS to its users. Evolving from the Product Manager role in the teams that develop our new digital products, the role will be the central point of expertise that operates and keeps developing the product and the service it delivers. The post holder will work very closely with the HMCTS Service Manager who is ultimately accountable for a particular service and they will also draw on wider teams to run and improve the product.
What will you be doing?
- Accountable for all aspects of digital/technology live service support and improvement for the end-to-end service (enabled by the product) delivered to the customer;
- Manage and control the digital and technology assets, resources, subscriptions and calendar of activities needed to keep the end-to-end service operating efficiently and effectively;
- Prepare and maintain analysis and knowledge to understand user needs for their product;
- Analyse and understand the technical and practical detail about how their product works, serves user needs and could be developed;
- Coordination of the multiple providers and suppliers involved in delivering the end-to-end service, both internal and external;
- Responsible for any necessary communications about all aspects of operating and developing their digital/technology product, as part of an end-to-end service delivered to HMCTS users;
- Act as a central contact point for all digital and technology matters related to their product;
- Develop, implement, maintain and review systems and service standards to provide quality, efficiency and value for money;
- Develop proposals to improve the quality of service with involvement from a diverse range of staff, stakeholders or delivery partners;
- Plan ahead but reassess workloads and priorities if situations change or people are facing conflicting demands;
- Development, delivery and operation of digital services, technology and ICT.
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience of improving systems and structures to deliver with more streamlined resources;
- An understanding of risks and delivery of ongoing changes;
- Experience of managing teams and stakeholders to set priorities, goals, objectives and timescales;
- Knowledge or experience of data analysis;
- Previous experience/knowledge of software development and product management
- Experience in supplier management
What can we offer you?
- A generous pension scheme on average of up to 27%
- 25 days leave, plus 8 bank holidays, plus 1 privilege day usually taken around the Queens’ birthday
- Flexible working; whether it’s working from home or remotely, working part-time, job sharing, or working compressed hours, we have people doing it and are happy to discuss options with you
- Great maternity, adoption, and shared parental leave, with up to 26 weeks leave at full pay, 13 weeks with partial pay, and 13 weeks further leave. And maternity support/paternity leave at full pay for 2 weeks, too!
- Bike loans and secure bike parking (subject to availability and location)
- Season ticket loans, childcare vouchers, and eye-care vouchers.
- Up to 5 days paid leave per year for voluntary work you may wish to undertake
- We also currently have employee-run networks for colleagues of minority ethnic origin, employees with disabilities, those with caring responsibilities, women employees, and lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender employees with which you will eligible to join
We are passionate about career development and in order to help support this, we offer a number of training and development platforms that employees will have access to. Working with your manager, you will be given the support and time required to complete agreed courses, as part of your personal development plan.
- Pluralsight – Over 7000 video training courses created by over 1400 subject-matter experts, covering a wide range of software development related skills.
- Microsoft Enterprise Skills Initiative – a range of Azure focused courses that can lead to Microsoft Certification.
- Civil Service Learning – a wide variety of online training to help support your role as a Civil Servant.
Ends: 30 June 2022 at 23:55:00 GMT