Senior Agile Delivery Manager - Band B
Location: Salford Quays / Birmingham / National
Salary Range: £36,049 (National) £41,747 (London)
Roles will be recruited using a combination of Digital, Data and Technology Capability and Success Profiles Frameworks. We will assess your Experience, Technical Skills, Ability and Behaviours during the selection process.
- Salary band for this role is £36,049 to £41,095 (£41,747 – £47,591 for candidates based within the M25)
- New recruits to the Civil Service are expected to join at the band minimum,
- A digital allowance may also be available for exceptional candidates.
- If an allowance is awarded, this will be based on an assessment of your skills and experience as demonstrated at interview
These are exciting times at Her Majesty’s Court and Tribunals Service (HMCTS). As an agency of the MoJ, we provide the supporting administration for the judiciary across England and Wales. Within that portfolio, Digital and Technology Services (DTS) has a clear ambition to create an organisational culture where diverse and inclusive multi-disciplinary teams bring together in-house digital, data and technology specialists to build capability, work smarter and more efficiently. Please visit https://www.hmctsjobs.co.uk/dts/ for further details!
We’re building better justice for everyone by harnessing technology, curiosity and our burning mission to make a momentous impact. You have the chance to influence that change and own your mark.
With the scale and size of transformation, you’ll get exposure to bigger opportunities and new ways of learning that will push your potential. It’s a massive challenge doing career defining work, but we also embrace your
individuality and life outside of work. So through flexible working we’ll trust you to shape the future in a way that suits you.
Sound like a challenge you’re up for?
As a Senior Delivery Manager, you will be a Scrum Master at heart with a strong focus on delivery. You will be accountable for the effective delivery of complex, high-risk products and services. You will have a strong background as a Scrum Master (or similar role) and experience across a range of products and services, throughout the entire product life cycle. You will have some responsibility and accountability as a point of escalation. You will also be accountable for the performance and coaching of agile software development teams. Your CV should demonstrate your ability and experience of creating and coaching self-organising, high performing agile delivery teams.
What will you be doing?
- Build and maintain teams, ensuring they are motivated, collaborating and working well
- Identify obstacles and help the team to overcome them
- Focus the team on what is most important to the delivery of products and services
- Encourage and facilitate continuous improvement of the delivery team
- Coach and mentor both team members and others to apply the most appropriate agile and lean tools and techniques
- Identify and compare the best processes or delivery methods to use
What are we looking for?
- Can recognize when something does not work and encourage a mindset of experimentation
- Adapt and reflect, be resilient and have the ability to see outside of the process
- Use a blended approach depending on the context
- Measure and evaluate outcomes
- Know how to help teams to manage and visualize outcomes
- Have had experience in applying Agile principles in practice
What can we offer you?
- A generous pension scheme on average of up to 27%
- 25 days leave, plus 8 bank holidays, plus 1 privilege day usually taken around the Queens’ birthday
- Flexible working; whether it’s working from home or remotely, working part-time, job sharing, or working compressed hours, we have people doing it and are happy to discuss options with you
- Great maternity, adoption, and shared parental leave, with up to 26 weeks leave at full pay, 13 weeks with partial pay, and 13 weeks further leave. And maternity support/paternity leave at full pay for 2 weeks, too!
- Bike loans and secure bike parking (subject to availability and location)
- Season ticket loans, childcare vouchers, and eye-care vouchers.
- Up to 5 days paid leave per year for voluntary work you may wish to undertake
- We also currently have employee-run networks for colleagues of minority ethnic origin, employees with disabilities, those with caring responsibilities, women employees, and lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender employees with which you will eligible to join
We are passionate about career development and in order to help support this, we offer a number of training and development platforms that employees will have access to. Working with your manager, you will be given the support and time required to complete agreed courses, as part of your personal development plan.
- Pluralsight – Over 7000 video training courses created by over 1400 subject-matter experts, covering a wide range of software development related skills.
- Microsoft Enterprise Skills Initiative – a range of Azure focused courses that can lead to Microsoft Certification.
- Civil Service Learning – a wide variety of online training to help support your role as a Civil Servant.
Ends: 30 June 2022 at 23:55:00 GMT