Service Support Analyst - EO
Location: Salford / Birmingham
Salary Range: £25,118 - £26,901
New recruits to the Civil Service joining MoJ are expected to join at the band minimum.
Existing Civil Servants applying on promotion, will usually be appointed on the salary minimum of the new pay band, or receive an increase of 10 percent on the current base salary, whichever is higher (This is restricted to the pay maximum of the new band).
Her Majesty’s Courts and Tribunals Service (HMCTS) is an agency of the Ministry of Justice (MoJ) and provides the supporting administration for the Judiciary across England and Wales. It delivers services to the public directly in court and tribunal buildings, remotely via business centres and increasingly via digital services online.
HMCTS has a once in a generation opportunity to transform the entire Courts and Tribunals Service through the HMCTS Reform and Crime Programme, with funding confirmed in the most recent spending review. These Programmes are providing a world-class justice system, in a manner that provides an improved user experience at reduced cost to the taxpayer.
This will ensure justice for all as well as supporting the UK’s position at the forefront of an increasingly competitive international legal market. Delivering and operating digital services lie at the heart of the transformation. Making a real difference to people’s lives is such an integral part of working at HMCTS that we’ve built it into an agreement with everyone who works here. It’s called our people promise. Please click here to find out more.
Digital & Technology Services is growing as a key enabler of HMCTS’ future as a digital organisation, building the new digital products and live operations teams necessary to deliver online services to our users and staff. The directorate is creating, operating and enhancing critical national infrastructure services. Users include citizens, court staff, the judiciary, prosecutors, legal counsel and a wide variety of other participants in delivering justice. For example, HMCTS Digital & Technology Services has created and now operates and enhances services that have digitised the court room. These include paperless bundles for all parties in the Crown Court, a single evidence repository and tablet viewing solution in the Magistrates’ Court, as well as the critical infrastructure solutions to display evidence, deliver court hearings by video and achieve connectivity. Other live digital services enable citizens to interact with HMCTS directly online, whether they need help in the civil, family, or criminal courts, or need to apply to a tribunal.
An effective courts and tribunals service is fundamental to our democracy, underpinning the rule of law. This is an opportunity to work in a role that will enable the digitisation of a major agency and run an operation designed not just to give our courts and tribunals a sustainable and affordable future, but to improve how justice is delivered.
Digital & Technology Services is looking to expand the digital operations support team to help HMCTS and CPS transition and run great digital services. The role involves the processing and coordination of appropriate and timely responses to incident alerts, including channelling requests for assistance to appropriate functions for resolution, monitoring resolution activity, hastening and keeping clients appraised of progress towards service restoration.
The ability to work both independently and as part of a team, proactively and with versatility in responding to changing circumstances is essential. They will be expected to take ownership of user problems and follow up the status on behalf of the user, communicating progress in a timely manner.
Working closely with the Crime IT business support desk and Operational Services technical support teams, the main responsibilities of the role are:
- To act as a single point of contact for telephone calls and emails regarding digital and technology issues and handle requests for support following agreed procedures;
- To route calls to the appropriate business or third party support desk as required;
- To receive and respond to monitoring alerts;
- To troubleshoots basic network issues;
- To utilise the Knowledge Base to provide advice or resolve incidents;
- Enter and maintain relevant records in the Service Management tool;
- Promptly allocate incidents to the appropriate resolver group;
- Request technical support from external suppliers where problems cannot be resolved in house, following agreed processes;
- Communicate progress and resolution of support requests in line with Service Level Agreements;
- Escalate issues as appropriate ensuring line mangers are aware of actions taken and management information;
- Maintain the asset database and tracks changes.
- Initiate and triage change requests, liaising with requesters to ensure that the correct information is inserted into the change ticket to allow for a smooth workflow.
- Working with the change manager to expedite changes where requested and appropriate.
- Initiating problem tickets in response to incidents that are deemed problems.
- Ensuring that problem owners keep the tickets up to date.
- The post holder will report to the Service Desk Team Leader.
- Experience of working in a structured service delivery environment;
- Experience of providing a wide range of end user device support advice;
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner;
- Experience of Agile delivery approach would be an advantage;
- Evidence of using continuous improvement tools to review and implement process improvements
- Experience of working in a service desk environment
- Experience with Service Now ticketing system
- Knowledge of ITIL principles;
Ends: 18 February 2022 at 23:55:00 GMT